We wanted to let you know what we are doing at BioAscent to keep our staff and our customers safe whilst continuing to operate and giving the best possible service to you.
BioAscent is a modern, progressive organisation which has built both HR and IT infrastructures to facilitate remote working, meaning users have access to all data systems in the same way they would have when in person at the BioAscent facility. This forward-looking approach has allowed us to take appropriate measures to ensure business continuity in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We wanted to share a few of the additional measures we are taking with you, in order to ensure that this outbreak has the minimal possible effect on staff, clients and projects.
- All office-based staff are now working from home offices
- For lab-based staff, a shift system has been introduced across compound management, chemistry and biosciences
- Where appropriate, we have cross-trained staff on (for example) key assays and procedures, to ensure cover in case of absences
- Lab scientists can simply access BioAscent's IT infrastructure safely and securely from home offices when not engaged in lab work
- Key robotic equipment in Compound Management can be run and controlled remotely
- All face-to-face meetings have been put on hold as we instead use video and teleconferencing
- All business travel has been put on hold
We are not experiencing any project delays or resourcing issues at present, and we believe our contingency planning should ensure this remains the case. We will continue to proactively communicate with and update our customers.
We continue to monitor government advice, and BioAscent's management are meeting every few days to make sure that we continue to deliver to our clients’ expectations and keep our staff safe in this fast-changing environment.