Based: BioCity, Glasgow
£Competitive + benefits and possible relocation allowance
BioAscent is looking for medicinal chemistry team leaders to join its growing team.
Are you looking for a career in a dynamic, fast-growing, science-led drug discovery company? A career where you will work with innovative research companies from across the globe, applying and developing your drug discovery skills, and helping our customers discover innovative medicines?
Founded in 2013, BioAscent is a leading provider of integrated drug discovery services based in state-of-the-art labs at BioCity Glasgow in Newhouse, Scotland. Our integrated drug discovery services include de novo assay development, compound screening, medicinal and synthetic chemistry, computational chemistry and compound management.
You will join a team of expert scientists with experience of successfully working from hit identification through to preclinical and clinical candidates across all biological target classes and major therapeutic indications. We work closely with our clients who are looking for an expert, advisory CRO with a consultative and collaborative approach. We act as fully integrated drug discovery team members from the earliest stages of the process, allowing us to influence the project and help ensure the right decisions are made to maximise chances of success.
BioAscent is looking to recruit skilled, innovative, and enthusiastic Team Leaders in Medicinal Chemistry to contribute to a fast-growing, people-orientated services business.
The successful candidates will be skilled Team Leaders and able to demonstrate an outstanding track record of success in the laboratory preparing and analysing chemical compounds, mentoring direct reports, and contributing to the interpretation of data from biological assays. This is a laboratory-based role and will require a significant amount of time at the bench.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead and mentor a team of medicinal chemists.
- Designing, planning and the execution of complex synthetic routes.
- Designing and planning of target molecules to achieve the desired goals of the project.
- When required, act as key point of contact for client projects.
- Interpretation of biological and ADME data and making suggestions for future work.
- Ensure safe working practices for your reports, complying with appropriate legislation and keeping accurate laboratory records.
- Communication of your results both internally and externally and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate or possess the following:
- Candidates must be professionally qualified with a PhD in a chemical science-related discipline or a BSc in chemistry with significant experience of drug discovery either in industry or academia.
- An outstanding synthetic chemist able to design and prepare drug-like molecules using all appropriate modern methods for synthesis, analysis and purification.
- Leading and mentoring reports to achieve their goals and deliver on the business needs.
- Experience of interpreting SAR and producing tractable and rational plans for optimisation of compounds across a selection of properties e.g. bioactivity, DMPK, physicochemical properties.
- Demonstrated experience in the concepts and practical aspects of drug discovery.
- A team player, an excellent communicator, enthusiastic, highly motivated, a committed laboratory worker with a passion for bench chemistry.
- Ability to use IT systems to support laboratory operations e.g. electronic lab notebook, literature searching.
- A flexible approach to their work and able to turn their hands to many activities in the lab with a commitment to quality and scientific excellence.
- Use of computational chemistry packages to aid in the design of ligands and the rationalisation of biological results.
- Experience of leading medicinal chemistry projects to success.
Desirable individual characteristics should include
- Innovative and creative thinking.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to quality and scientific rigour.
- Enthusiasm for generating knowledge from data.
- Confidence to speak up, knows when to compromise, team player who is not afraid to take the lead.
You will have a flexible approach to your work, possess outstanding communication skills and be able to demonstrate your ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
N2 Resourcing is recruiting for this position on behalf of BioAscent. You can be confident we process your application and enquiries in a safe and strictly confidential manner.
To apply, please send us your CV and covering letter via the link below. We aim to respond to you within 2 working days.
Applications are welcome and interviews will be carried out on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply early.
Please note you must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility in your covering letter.
No agencies please.