Based: BioCity, Glasgow
£Competitive + attractive benefits and possible relocation allowance
Permanent, full time
Discover a better future
Are you an experienced computational chemist looking to further develop your career within a highly respected, people-orientated drug discovery company, whilst having a flexible, work-life balance situated in the beautiful and diverse culture of Scotland?
Here at BioAscent, we’re rapidly growing our In Silico Discovery team. We’re growing because we’re passionate about science and our customers like who we are and what we do.
Working with innovative research companies from pharma and biotech to academic organisations from across the globe, you’ll apply your computational chemistry/data analysis skills at the cutting edge of scientific research to help our customers discover innovative medicines.
You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team of talented scientists and have the opportunity to mentor. All projects are varied, and you’ll collaborate and help solve challenging problems with our clients, from hit identification through to preclinical and clinical candidates across all biological target classes and major therapeutic indications.
Working within smaller integrated teams you’ll have a higher level of involvement in client projects and opportunities to meet and collaborate with the client.
Our growth brings with it the opportunity to learn and develop, and we foster an environment where you can flourish and further your career.
You should have a sound knowledge of general modelling programs (such as ICM Pro, MOE, and Schrödinger) and computational techniques, data visualization (e.g., Dotmatics Vortex) and pipelining tools (e.g., Knime) used in an industry-standard drug discovery setting.
Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, or a related field
- More than 2 years of experience in a professional drug design environment (e.g., Pharma, CRO, Biotech, Drug Discovery Unit)
- Demonstrated skills in the application of computer-assisted drug design using modelling and computational software
- Experience in ligand-based methodologies and machine learning is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with medicinal chemists, biologists, and other members of cross-functional project teams
- Excellent knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language (such as Python, Java or C++)
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux, queueing systems and cloud computing solutions
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary, team-oriented environment
- Maintain and develop working knowledge of state-of-the-art computational chemistry methods and their application to drug design
- Basic knowledge of medicinal chemistry preferred
What we offer
Our most valuable asset is our people, and we are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative environment within BioAscent. As a key member of the In Silico team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape your own career as part of our Career Engagement Review process. This can include both on-site initiatives such as continuous learning and bespoke training through recognised external experts and programmes.
In addition, we offer a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, pension, life insurance. flexible working hours and a possible relocation allowance.
Who we are
Founded in 2013, BioAscent is a highly respected, successful, and award-winning provider of integrated drug discovery CRO services based in state-of-the-art laboratories at BioCity Glasgow in Newhouse, Scotland. Our integrated drug discovery services include de novo assay development, compound screening, medicinal and synthetic chemistry, computational chemistry, and compound management.
BioAscent has undergone a period of sustained growth and now employs a team of over seventy. To find out why people choose to join and stay with BioAscent please visit our Careers Page.
Quality of life
Great science, team and laboratory environment are a given at BioAscent, but for work-life balance being based in Scotland is hard to beat. Situated a short distance between Glasgow and Edinburgh, and easy access to the beauty of Scottish lochs, islands, and mountains, we have the best of both worlds.
If you’re looking for a new role where you’ll work with a highly experienced team of chemists, a place where you’ll feel appreciated within an all-inclusive environment, offering opportunities to develop your career but also maintain a great work-life balance, we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter via the 'apply' link below.
Closing date for applications is Friday 12th August 2022.
Please provide confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK. We can consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant experience and qualifications under a Skilled Worker visa.