BioAscent is currently looking for a highly experienced and enthusiastic Analytical Chemist to join its fast-growing team.
Based: BioCity, Glasgow
BioAscent is a world-class company offering compound management and supply services to pharmaceutical companies. Having successfully secured investment to expand its services it is now able to offer its clients a comprehensive drug discovery package including; assay development, screening, medicinal and synthetic chemistry as well as compound management and an in-house screening library.
To support its rapidly growing client base, BioAscent is looking to recruit a highly experienced and enthusiastic Analytical Chemist to contribute to a fast-growing, people orientated services business.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of applying analytical chemistry techniques within a drug discovery setting gained within a pharmaceutical, CRO or academic environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Perform routine analytical testing in-line with project and customer requirements.
- Accurate reporting of results.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of all the analytical chemistry instrumentation.
- Carrying out routine maintenance of instrumentation to ensure they are operating correctly and efficiently.
- Working closely with the medicinal chemistry and compound management groups to ensure timely delivery of results.
- Communication of your results both internally and externally and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate or possess the following:
- Candidates must be professionally qualified with a Degree or PhD in a chemical science related discipline with at least seven years post-qualifying experience within a pharmaceutical, CRO or academic setting.
- Must have demonstrated experience of LC-MS, (U)HPLC and SFC systems, their operation and maintenance.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of analytical chemistry with a track record of conducting analyses, interpreting results and showing initiative.
- The ability to analyse and run appropriate methods to demonstrate purity and identity of samples.
- Hands-on experience of data systems to support laboratory operations.
- A flexible approach to their work and be able to turn their hand to many activities in the lab with a commitment to quality and scientific excellence.
- Knowledge of NMR systems their operation and maintenance.
- Interpretation of NMR spectra to a high level.
- Application of chromatography/spectrometry-based techniques in a drug discovery setting e.g. weak affinity chromatography, physicochemical compound profiling.
Desirable individual characteristics should include
- Innovative and creative thinking.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to quality and scientific rigour.
- Enthusiasm for generating knowledge from data.
- Confidence to speak up, knows when to compromise, team player who is not afraid to take the lead.
You will have a flexible approach to your work, possess outstanding communication skills and be able to demonstrate your ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
BioAscent is housed within purpose-built labs and has access to state-of-the-art equipment specifically designed for drug discovery. We are situated within the BioCity Glasgow campus which is located at the heart of the central belt in Scotland with excellent links to Glasgow and Edinburgh and easy access to areas of outstanding natural beauty providing an excellent location to live and work.
Closing date for applications is 24th May 2019.
Please note you must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility in your covering letter.
No agencies please.