Based: BioCity, Glasgow
£Competitive + benefits and possible relocation allowance
Are you looking for a career in a dynamic, fast-growing, science-led drug discovery company? A career where you will work with innovative research companies from across the globe, applying and developing your drug discovery skills, and helping our customers discover innovative medicines?
Founded in 2013, BioAscent is a leading provider of integrated drug discovery services based in state-of-the art labs at BioCity Glasgow in Newhouse, Scotland. Our integrated drug discovery services include de novo assay development, compound screening, medicinal and synthetic chemistry, computational chemistry and compound management.
You will join a team of expert scientists with experience of successfully working from hit identification through to preclinical and clinical candidates across all biological target classes and major therapeutic indications. We work closely with our clients who are looking for an expert, advisory CRO with a consultative and collaborative approach. We act as fully integrated drug discovery team members from the earliest stages of the process, allowing us to influence the project and help ensure the right decisions are made to maximise chances of success.
As part of our ongoing expansion plans BioAscent is now recruiting for highly motivated bioscientists. The successful candidates will be dynamic, scientifically excellent problem solvers. They will report to the Director of Biosciences. Able experimental workers, they will work with customers and as members of internal project teams to devise, plan and develop in vitro biological assays to a standard that supports drug development and allows high throughput screening of compound libraries.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Liaising with customers to understand key principles and priorities of a diverse array of biological targets and drug development projects.
- Providing expert opinion and preparing and reporting assay development plans.
- Developing biochemical and biophysical assays.
- Culturing human cell lines and developing cellular assays.
- Screening and profiling compound libraries.
- Carrying out data analysis and relevant quality assurance protocols.
- Keeping appropriate records and complying with all appropriate legislation.
- Producing high quality reports to defined timelines.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate or possess the following:
- Experience of in vitro biochemical assay development for a diversity of drug target types, with a familiarity with most common assay technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of enzyme kinetics and molecular pharmacology.
- Project management skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting capabilities.
- Experience in the evaluation interpretation and reporting of data in accordance with high quality scientific practice.
- Familiarity with software for data capture, analysis, and presentation.
- Experience with designing screening cascades and preparing customer proposals would be an advantage.
- Experience with SPR would be very beneficial.
- A first or second degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, pharmacology or other relevant biological discipline.
- Competency in a range of biochemical assay techniques.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work in an organised manner and to standard operating procedures.
- Experience of working with lab automation and developing automated assays.
- Experience of working in drug discovery.
- An ability to be proactive, productive and to work effectively in teams is required. The successful candidates will be flexible, multi-taskers with a commitment to quality and scientific rigour.
- An understanding of the data requirements to progress an assay into high throughput screening.
Please note you must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility in your covering letter.
Applications are welcome and interviews will be carried out on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply early.
No agencies please.