Based: BioCity, Glasgow
BioAscent is looking for an analytical chemist to join its growing team.
Are you looking for a career in a dynamic, fast-growing, science-led drug discovery company? A career where you will work with innovative research companies from across the globe, applying and developing your drug discovery skills, and helping our customers discover innovative medicines?
Founded in 2013, BioAscent is a leading provider of integrated drug discovery services based in state-of-the art labs at BioCity Glasgow in Newhouse, Scotland. Our integrated drug discovery services include de novo assay development, compound screening, medicinal and synthetic chemistry, computational chemistry and compound management.
You will join a team of expert scientists with experience of successfully working from hit identification through to preclinical and clinical candidates across all biological target classes and major therapeutic indications. We work closely with our clients who are looking for an expert, advisory CRO with a consultative and collaborative approach. We act as fully integrated drug discovery team members from the earliest stages of the process, allowing us to influence the project and help ensure the right decisions are made to maximise chances of success.
BioAscent is looking to recruit a highly experienced and enthusiastic Analytical Chemist to contribute to a fast-growing, people orientated services business.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of applying analytical chemistry techniques within a drug discovery setting gained within a pharmaceutical, CRO or academic environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Perform routine analytical testing in-line with project and customer requirements.
- Accurate reporting of results.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of all the analytical chemistry instrumentation.
- Carrying out routine maintenance of instrumentation to ensure they are operating correctly and efficiently.
- Working closely with the medicinal chemistry and compound management groups to ensure timely delivery of results.
- Communication of your results both internally and externally and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate or possess the following:
- Candidates must be professionally qualified with a Degree or PhD in a chemical science related discipline with extensive experience within a pharmaceutical, CRO or academic setting.
- Must have demonstrated experience of LC-MS, (U)HPLC and SFC systems, their operation and maintenance.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of analytical chemistry with a track record of conducting analyses, interpreting results and showing initiative.
- The ability to analyse and run appropriate methods to demonstrate purity and identity of samples.
- Hands-on experience of data systems to support laboratory operations.
- A flexible approach to their work and be able to turn their hand to many activities in the lab with a commitment to quality and scientific excellence.
- Knowledge of NMR systems their operation and maintenance.
- Interpretation of NMR spectra to a high level.
- Application of chromatography/spectrometry-based techniques in a drug discovery setting e.g. weak affinity chromatography, physicochemical compound profiling.
Desirable individual characteristics should include
- Innovative and creative thinking.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to quality and scientific rigour.
- Enthusiasm for generating knowledge from data.
- Confidence to speak up, knows when to compromise, team player who is not afraid to take the lead.
You will have a flexible approach to your work, possess outstanding communication skills and be able to demonstrate your ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
Closing date for applications is 5th March 2021.
Please note you must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility in your covering letter.
No agencies please.