Based: BioCity, Glasgow
£Competitive + attractive benefits and possible relocation allowance
Permanent, full time
Discover a better future
Are you an experienced analytical chemist looking to develop your career within a highly respected, people-orientated drug discovery company, whilst having a flexible, work-life balance situated in the beautiful and diverse culture of Scotland?
Here at BioAscent, we’re rapidly growing due to the success of our people. We’re growing because we’re passionate about science, and our clients like who we are and what we do.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced analytical chemist to join us in our continued growth and success.
You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team of talented scientists applying cutting-edge techniques and technologies to produce high-quality results. The successful candidate will ideally have experience in applying analytical chemistry techniques within a drug discovery setting gained within a pharmaceutical, CRO or academic environment.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Perform routine analytical testing in-line with project and client requirements.
• Accurate reporting of results.
• Responsible for the day-to-day running of chromatography instrumentation.
• Working closely with the medicinal chemistry and compound management groups to ensure timely delivery of results.
• Communication of your results both internally and externally and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Performing routine maintenance of instrumentation to ensure they are operating correctly and efficiently.
As a passionate and driven analytical chemist, you should have:
• A Degree in a chemical science-related discipline, ideally with experience within a pharmaceutical, CRO or academic setting.
• Demonstrated experience of LC-MS and (U)HPLC and their operation.
• Good knowledge of the principles of analytical chemistry with a track record of conducting analyses, interpreting results, and showing initiative.
• The ability to analyse and run appropriate methods to demonstrate purity and identity of samples.
• Knowledge of NMR systems, their operation and submission of samples would be highly desirable.
What we offer
Our most valuable asset is our people, and we are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative environment within BioAscent. As a key member of the analytical chemistry team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape your own career as part of our Career Engagement Review process. This can include both on-site initiatives such as continuous learning and bespoke training through recognised external experts and programmes.
In addition, we offer a highly competitive salary which is reviewed annually, pension, life insurance and flexible working hours.
Who we are
Founded in 2013, BioAscent is a highly respected, successful, and award-winning provider of integrated drug discovery CRO services based in state-of-the-art laboratories at BioCity Glasgow in Newhouse, Scotland. Our integrated drug discovery services include de novo assay development, compound screening, medicinal and synthetic chemistry, computational chemistry and compound management.
BioAscent has undergone a period of sustained growth and now employs a team of over seventy. To find out why people choose to join and stay with BioAscent please visit our Careers Page.
Quality of life
Great science, team and laboratory environment are a given at BioAscent, but for work-life balance being based in Scotland is hard to beat. Situated a short distance between Glasgow and Edinburgh, and with easy access to the beauty of Scottish lochs, islands, and mountains, we have the best of both worlds.
If you’re looking for a new role where you’ll work with a highly experienced team of chemists, a place where you’ll feel appreciated within an all-inclusive environment, offering opportunities to develop your career but also maintain a great work-life balance, we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
Interviews will be carried out on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply early. Please provide confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK.