Based: BioCity, Glasgow
To support its rapidly growing client base, BioAscent is looking to hear from enthusiastic, team-orientated graduates with a keen interest in developing their career in drug discovery.
This position is primarily focussed on early career graduates but would equally suit individuals with post-graduate experience in assay development, high throughput screening, SPR, or related discipline.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, a high level of academic achievement, be able to contribute positively to multi-disciplinary teams and show an eagerness to learn new skills and techniques in cellular and molecular pharmacology.
The role will consist of:
- Supporting senior scientists in working on assay development and drug discovery projects across a wide range of drug targets and techniques.
- Screening and profiling compound libraries.
- Culturing human cell lines and developing cellular assays.
- Carrying out data analysis and relevant quality assurance protocols.
- Keeping appropriate records, working safely and complying with all appropriate legislation.
- Producing high-quality reports to defined timelines.
- Helping to maintain lab stocking and equipment maintenance.
Minimally you will hold a first degree in pharmacology, biochemistry or a related discipline. You will have a flexible approach to your work, possess outstanding communication skills and be able to demonstrate your ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
Please note you must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility in your covering letter.