BioAscent Discovery Ltd is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing the highest possible quality of service. Under the terms of the Data Protection legislation, we are required to explain to you how we will treat any personal and/or private data which we collect from you.
Who we are
What information we collect and how
When you register with us, visit our website, subscribe to our marketing updates, use our services, make an enquiry, or make a booking with us, you may be asked to provide some personal data, which may include:
- Any personal details such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent and/or any other applicable legal basis, such as our legitimate business interest in engaging in commerce and offering products and services of value to you.
We assume that if you are a client of BioAscent Discovery Ltd, you have made an enquiry or subscribed to our marketing updates and that you are interested in hearing about our products and services.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service).
- In certain cases, where legitimate business interest applies, we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
We retain the personal data processed by us for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected (including as required by applicable law or regulation). Specific retention periods can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Other web services and links
External web services
We may use a number of external web services on our website, mostly to display content within our web pages. For example, to show videos we may use YouTube and Vimeo. This is not an exhaustive or complete list of the services we use, or might use in the future, when embedding content, but these are the most common. We cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your Rights and Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. Under the GDPR you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records.
- Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Request that we delete your personal data so it is erased from our records.
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected.
- Object to automated processing.
If you wish to carry out any of the above, you can do so by please writing to us at BioCity Bo’ness Road, Newhouse, Motherwell, Lanarkshire, ML1 5UH or by emailing us at: email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about an organisation’s data practices with the ICO who are the supervisory authority.
The material on our website site is given for general information only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should take specific advice before taking a course of action as we do not accept directly or indirectly any responsibility for loss arising directly or indirectly from reliance on information on this site.
Given that the Internet uses an open system we cannot warrant that the site and downloads reach you virus-free. You must, therefore, take all appropriate precautions for your own safety.
Entire contents © 2018 BioAscent Discovery Ltd. All rights reserved.